Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Jesus Is the Only Way to God

Psalm 62:1 says, "Truly my soul silently waits for God; From Him comes my salvation." God ensures salvation, because our salvation comes from Him. Jesus saves, because our salvation comes from God through Jesus. There is no other way. Deeds and good works cannot save you; Jesus does. Salvation comes only through Jesus. Acts 4:12 says, "Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved." "No other name under heaven given among men!" No one else can save you; Only Jesus. He is our Lord. He is our Savior.

Again, John 3:16-17 says, "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved." We are saved in and through Jesus. He died on the cross in our place. He paid the penalty for our sin. Therefore, it is as the Apostle Paul said, "whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Rom. 10:13).

Jesus wants you to come to Him in faith, believing in Him and trusting Him for salvation. "Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me'" (John 14:6). The Apostle John relates how this works: "Then Jesus said to them again, 'Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them. I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly'" (John 10:7-10).

We are the sheep; Jesus is the door. Everything goes through Jesus. It is through Jesus that we are saved. It is through Jesus that we experience an abundant life now. It is through Jesus that we will experience eternal life in God's presence. It is not through anyone else. Anyone who says otherwise is nothing more than a thief and robber. Do not listen to them. They speak falsely. Listen only for Jesus' voice and follow Him.

Continuing on, Jesus also said: "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep. But a hireling, he who is not the shepherd, one who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees; and the wolf catches the sheep and scatters them. The hireling flees because he is a hireling and does not care about the sheep. I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own. As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd" (John 10:11-16).

Again referring to us as sheep, Jesus said that He is the good shepherd who truly cares for us and watches over us. He is the one who died for us and saved us. He knows us and all who are saved know Him. Jesus laid down His life for us and all who know Him by faith. Regardless of who you are or where you are from, we will be one flock with one shepherd, the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment