Thursday, January 5, 2023

God Wants to Show His Power in You

David declared, "My frame was not hidden from You, when I was made in secret, and skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, the days fashioned for me, when as yet there were none of them" (Ps. 139:15-16). Before you were born, God knew you and your days were "fashioned." God set forth a plan in eternity just for you. He speaks to you and calls you for that purpose.

"But indeed for this purpose I have raised you up, that I may show My power in you, and that My name may be declared in all the earth" (Ex. 9:16). God speaks to you because He wants to show His power in you and declare His name to the world through you. Isaiah adds: "The LORD of hosts has sworn, saying, 'Surely, as I have thought, so it shall come to pass, and as I have purposed, so it shall stand: That I will break the Assyrian in My land, and on My mountains tread him underfoot. Then his yoke shall be removed from them, and his burden removed from their shoulders'" (Is. 14:24-25). As it was for the breaking of Assyria's yoke for Israel, so it is for us. God intends to accomplish His purpose in us, so He speaks to us and leads us in the way should go.

God also declared through Isaiah, "Remember the former things of old, for I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like Me, declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times things that are not yet done, saying, 'My counsel shall stand, and I will do all My pleasure'" (Is. 46:9-10). Isaiah responded, "O LORD, You are my God. I will exalt You, I will praise Your name, for You have done wonderful things; Your counsels of old are faithfulness and truth" (Is. 25:1). Understanding this truth, we should do as Isaiah did and give praise to God, knowing that He speaks to us to accomplish His pleasure.

God speaks to us and calls us to rely on Him in all things. When David fled from King Saul and hid in the cave, he said, "I will cry out to God Most High, to God who performs all things for me" (Ps. 57:2). To that David adds, "You have tested my heart; You have visited me in the night; You have tried me and have found nothing; I have purposed that my mouth shall not transgress" (Ps. 17:3). When we trust in Christ in all things, God speaks to us to prove our faithfulness. When we hear God's call and listen to His voice and do the things He asks us to do, living by His truth, He gives us the victory in Christ over Satan and sin. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment