Tuesday, August 27, 2019

By Faith You Have Joy in God

Romans 5:11 gives reason for joy: "And not only that, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received the reconciliation." Through Christ we have been reconciled to God. Our relationship with God has been restored to what it was meant to be. For this reason, we "rejoice in God" (v. 11a). Although subjective in nature, our joy assures us that we are eternally bound to Christ.

We rejoice in our salvation and we rejoice in who God is. Through Jesus Christ our Lord, God has given us an abundance of joy. Joy permeates our lives because of Christ in us. God fills us with joy so that we might give it back to Him through worship and through praise.

David declared, "Oh, magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt His name together" (Psalm 34:3). Again, the Psalmist wrote, "For our heart shall rejoice in Him, because we have trusted in His holy name" (Psalm 33:21). And again, "Then I will go to the altar of God, to God my exceeding joy; And on the harp I will praise You, O God, my God" (Psalm 43:4).

Romans 5:1-11 speaks of the many results of our justification in Christ. Together they reveal the truth of our eternal security in Christ, the fact that we are eternally bound to the Savior. In that we should rejoice greatly.

There is a little chorus that speaks directly of the joy that is ours in Christ. It goes like this: "What a wonderful change in my life has been wrought, since Jesus came into my heart! I have light in my soul for which long I had sought, since Jesus came into my heart!" This chorus speaks directly of the great joy that is our's in the Lord. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment